Board games in Singapore

First of all, I apologize to you because I carelessly released an unfinished article. 
I unpublished the unfinished article and rewrote it. 
Now, this is the finished version of Singapore's board game report.



I visited Singapore and met a lot of games last month. And game convention "Game Start" was great. I'll introduce Singaporean board games, shops, and Game Start.


Daryl Chow

I joined Weekly Friday Board Games After Work in Marina Bay and met a board game designer Daryl Chow. He translates Okazu Brand's games into English.

I played his game in Game Start. I'll introduce it later.


Game Start

I went to a game event Game Start. In Jakarta, the event with the same name was held together with C3 AFA, but the Singapore's one was larger.


I played some of Singapore's games at Game Start.

Overbooked 

I played Daryl Chow's game "Overbooked" at Game Start. 

Players choose a passenger card from the center at each turn and put passengers on seats according to the passenger card. Players gain VPs by placing passengers and lose VPs if he/she can't put passengers on the airplane. 
The rule was clear, and it uses brains a lot.

I wanted to play his another game "The Artemis Project", but I didn't have enough time to play it.


Debtzilla


This is "Debtzilla". I already played it at C3 AFA Jakarta, and I decided to buy it in Singapore.

"Debtzilla" is a cooperation game full of satire on the financial crisis. Players become money heroes and fight against financial monster Debtzilla and villains. 

The Singaporean Dream


This is a party game of Singaporean life and dreams. Players compete for dream cards with card effects. It makes me feel the lives of people in Singapore.

Miniature games

Another thing to mention in Singapore's table game was that the miniature game was very famous.
In Game Start, there was a big booth of miniature games like Warhammer.
Many board game stores sold numerous miniature games and related products. I do not play miniature games, but if I lived in Singapore, I might have played miniature games.


It took nearly a month since I stayed in Singapore and finally I was able to publish an article.

I have to report about Thailand visit, but I want to give priority to the report of the Tokyo Game Market 2018 Autumn.Next time I will report the new work of Tokyo Game Market 2018 Autumn.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts