Tokyo Game Market 2018 Autumn report

Tokyo Game Market 2018 Autumn was held on 24th and 25th November. 
About 22,000 people gathered and enjoyed this convention. This is the most number in the history of the Tokyo Game Market.


I'll introduce some games I found in this Tokyo Game Market.

"Tenka Meidou(天下鳴動)". The first edition was published in 2017 by a small indie publisher 77spiele, and it was awarded the Game Market Award 2018. 
It has very cheap components, but the system is simple and sharp.
It is an area control game. Players roll two dice and choose two to decide where to deploy army. Regions have different VPs, and when you win a region with a low VP, you can send reinforcements to adjacent regions with higher VPs.

Official Site(Japanese):



"In this way I become a DICTATOR(斯くして我は独裁者に成れり)" is an innovative discussion game.
Each player has seven role cards at the beginning. Role cards have various winning conditions. For example, the Dictator wins when he gets the most vote.
Players discuss, vote and discard roll cards during the game. The last card remaining in your hand decides your victory condition.

Official site(Japanese):


"STONEHENGE AND THE SUN(ストーンヘンジと太陽)" originally appeared at "Is this a game?" exhibition(これはゲームなのか?展). 



In this game, you hang a metal ball and put blocks around it. Then swing the ball in order not to break them.
The Kickstarter project of this game will launch soon.


"Candiabury(アメのふる町 キャンディアベリー)" is a beautiful handicraft game. Only 20 copies were sold at 35,000 yen.

Official site(Japanese):

There were some tabletop games that use a smartphone. "Psychometrer AR(サイコメトラー エーアール)" was one of them.

Psychometrer AR official site(Japanese):
https://www.sclab.company/psychometrer

There were a lot of games at the Tokyo Game Market so I couldn't introduce all of them. I might overlook some masterpieces such as Tenka Meidou in 2017. If I find these masterpieces, I'll introduce after this.


I apologize for the delay of the Tokyo Game Market report. Recently I was editing board game videos, so I did not have time to write this blog. These videos were the Japanese version, but I'm planning to translate them in English. If I complete the English version, I'll tell you.

Comments

Popular Posts