Board games in Shanghai and “DICE CON TOUR You xi Nian Huo jie(游戏年货节)"

I went to Shang Hai this January and joined in a board game event "DICE CON TOUR You xi Nian Huo Jie(游戏年货节)".


DICE CON TOUR You xi Nian Huo Jie(游戏年货节)

DICE CON TOUR was held on 12th and 13th January at Jing An, Shanghai. I visited there at 12th.


I don't know why, but the booths were not installed indoors but were set up in tents in the passage of the venue. It was cold!


Taiwanese Publisher Swan Panasia(新天鵝堡) set a large booth and sold many games translated into Chinese.


Game designing team Jingyansi Board Game(静言思桌游).
It is creating complex and beautiful strategy board games.
The publisher is Boxed Lightning(盒中闪电).
I bought these games, and I will introduce them to you on my blog in the future.

[apology] When I published this article, I misunderstood the relationship between Jingyansi Board Game and Boxed Lightning. I wrote Jingyansi Board Game was a subordinate organization of Boxed Lightning in the past, but it was wrong. I apologize to you.

Reiner Knizia published a new game "Merchants of the Silk Road(丝绸之路)" from Chinese publisher. Despite the trouble with YOKA Games(游卡桌游), he seems to keep a high interest in China.


Players are members of caravan and travel on the Silk Road. Each player has a camel. 
A player whose camel is at the tail of the caravan roll a die. If he likes the outcome, he moves his camel and takes a tile. Otherwise, the second player from the back chooses whether he will move forward with that outcome. The player's objective is to fill the loading platform with the tiles taken.


Yinghuo Zhanzheng(营火战争) is a two-player fighting deck-building game. Both players acquire cards from the center row and build their decks like "Ascension".  Then attack the opponent by the cards in the deck and decrease the Vitality. 


At "Grail Story(星杯物语)" booth, there were two cosplay women. 


Demonstration section was divided into eight booths by themes such as dexterity, memory, etc.

DICE CON TOUR was a smaller event than I expected, but there were many enthusiastic board game fans, and I enjoyed a lot.


Shanghai walk

On 13th January, I walked around Shanghai City. 
Because I checked out of the hotel in the morning, I had to carry heavy board games during the walk.

I visited some board game shops in Shanghai.


"Who's The Faker Werewolf & Board Game Club(狼人杀 桌游 俱乐部)" is a playing space for Werewolf game and board games.


VIP room for Werewolf games and Murder Mystery games. There were luxury table and chairs.

The miniature game "Warhammer" was sold at "Shanghai Bookstore(上海书城)".

Huijia Zhuoyou(汇佳桌游) is a large board game cafe in Shanghai.

When I visited there, the cafe was crowded with many guests.

"Zhuoyouzhi(桌游志)", a board game magazine by YOKA Games was sold there.

There was a dubious board game store in the same building as Huijia Zhuoyou. There were many counterfeits.

It was a pity that my staying time in Shanghai was short, but the Shanghai trip was exciting.

Comments

Popular Posts